by Kaushik biswas shuvo
Student of U.A.M.C.H
Diabetes mellitus (DM) also known as simply diabetes, is a group of
metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a
prolonged period. his high blood sugar produces the symptoms of frequent
urination, increased thirst, and
increased hunger. Untreated, diabetes can cause many complications like,
diabetic ketoacidosis and nonketotic hyperosmolar coma.
Type 2 diabetes is much more common than type 1 diabetes.
Although the cause of type 2 diabetes is unknown, there are some risk
factors that can predispose some people to this condition.
Risk factors of type 2 diabetes include:
• Age (being over 45 years old)
• Being overweight or obese
• Having a family history of diabetes
• Ethnic background or race (Native/Indigenous, African, Hispanic or Asian descent)
• Having given birth to a large baby (over 4 kg )
• Impaired glucose tolerance
• But most important is genetic factor.
• If your parents are affected to DM then you have more chance to have DM.
What can you do now??
1.Change your food habits. Like;
no more fatty food,
eat more fruits &vegetables,
2. Exercise: regular exercise can decrease the risk to have DM.
If you have no such time for gym then you can practice home exercise.
3. check your blood glucose level once a month .
4. check your sing & symptoms , if there is some confusion
then contact with your Doctor or comment on our website or our facebook
page ( https://www.facebook.com/meduscope )